Monday 24 February 2014

Free hugs, kissing girls and boys holding hands

17th-20th Feb - Mon-Thu
A normal busy week. Started on working on a couple of essays. If you're wondering about the title, the latter ones are things that I saw on campus. For some reason people seem to be very affectionate this week. Valentines Day?

On Wednesday morning, though, I had a burning headache, so I took some painkillers. After a few hours it'd only gotten worse, so I skipped my remaining lecture and went to bed. It was migraine, and I really hate it.

But I survived, and the week only got better from there on.

21st Feb - Friday
ESN Social had a 'free hugs' drive on Friday. I participated and it was everything I could've hoped for.

Here's mine <3
We started at two in the Global Lounge, made our little posters:












And then we took a bus to the city centre, and stayed at the start of Grafton street. And let me tell you, on a Friday afternoon, that place is packed!

We hadn't been there for five minutes when a three guys came to ask what we were doing and when we explained, they wanted to join us. Someone bought us coffee and we got free candy from people. It was wonderful to see people start smiling when they saw us - even if they didn't hug any of us.

Here's a few pictures as proof that I really was there.
I hugged 82 people. <3



In the end, this is the group that ended up staying there for the three hours we were there. ->

Note: There was only five girls leaving UCD. ;D









22nd Feb - Saturday
A day easily summarised: Essay.
I woke up at around ten, took a shower and started writing. At little after two, my brain felt drained, so I had to stop for a bit. Got lunch from Centra, ate and played some games for a bit. Wrote a little more, but it was getting impossible, so I decided to leave the finishing up for Sunday.

23rd Feb - Sunday
Woke at nine, grabbed my laptop and laundry and went to the launderette we have. While my laundry got done, I finalised my essay - wrote the conclusion and added a little detail. Then I got back to my room, ate a little, played games and skyped with my sister.

Then I decided it was time to start working on the next essay, and I needed some source material for it, so I had to go to the library... On a Sunday, in Finland, that would've been a problem, but not here; our campus library is open from nine or ten 'til nine in the evening every day. Got to love it!

So I got my books and I started making notes, but it's an analysis assignment so I really need to be able to concentrate on that. I'll do that during next week and weekend. Might get a bit rushed, but I need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment