Thursday 22 May 2014

Day one in Galway

21.5.
Woke up at five in the morning, grabbed my stuff and sneaked out of my hostel room, hoping I wasn't waking anyone up. The night guard signed me out and I left for the Busaras (that's the bus station). Dublin is surprisingly busy that time in the morning.

The bus station was still closed when I got there, but I chatted with an older man who was also waiting for the doors to open. And inside, before boarding my six thirty bus to Galway, I talked with a young woman who was taking the same bus to Galway. She was going there for an interview.

Of course I fell asleep on the bus. I woke up at around eight, and it was still an hour to Galway. The bus arrived a bit late to Galway, but I'm used to it by now. Everything might be a bit late but it'll happen.

I made my way to Sleepzone, but I couldn't do the official check-in until three PM, and it was around ten at this point. I could leave my stuff to the luggage room and use the common rooms, though. That was really nice, as I wanted a nap and a rest.

I stuck around till three, took my stuff up to my room, a six bed en-suite (!) dorm, only for girls. All the beds taken, and I don't wonder. This place is brilliant, very much like the Finnish summer camp centres, and the atmosphere is also similar.

Took a walk around Galway after that. I'm in love! This place is so beautiful and the people so wonderfully friendly. It's a smaller town, but that's probably why I like it so much...

Anyway, I had decided to take it easy today, so I returned to the hostel and spent the rest of the day in the common room with my laptop.

Now it's getting closer to ten o'clock and I'm dead tired.

There will be more to say tomorrow, as I'm taking the tour to Cliffs of Moher and Burren.

No comments:

Post a Comment