Friday 28 March 2014

Playing Tourist during Spring Break

Decided to take another shot at the Hop on Hop off -bus tour on the 19th March.
First stop Merrion Square and the National Museum of Ireland:
Cherry trees in bloom. <3
The only kind of statue this guy could ever have. XD


Jewelry
That's a big boat.


Jewelry and pottery. <3
The people were really into ornamental patterns.
Found at a grave site.


This was only the 1st floor, basically the Bronze Age. Got to go back for the second floor later. :D

Next up it was back onto the bus, and onward. Hopped off at Dublinia:
The back of Christchurch Cathedral. It's possible to include
this to the Dublinia tour as well.

This is the first thing you see when you go in. <3
About Viking religions.

Mock Viking camp.
You had an option to dress up here.

Burial rituals.

Crafts

Viking home.

Strongbow, a Norman warrior.

Middle Ages street.

Medieval Dublin in miniature. <3

That sounds wonderful. -.-

As seen in the Market place.

Usage of spices.

Christchurch. Going out from Dublinia.

A gorgeous building in it's own right.
Hopped back onto the bus... Getting a bit hungry at this point. Next I was planning on going to the Kilmainham Gaol, but the wait for the next available tour was about an hour and a half, so I decided to leave that for another time. Waited for the next bus back to the city centre.

Lunch at KFC, in the Jervis shopping centre. Bought my ticket to the Leprechaun museum, but there was a twenty minute wait before the next tour, so I went to grab a coffee, which I just had time to finish.

On to the tour!

There was a room with the furniture that
made us Leprechaun sized.

This was our guide; Noel. He was a great
storyteller, and a funny guy.

At the end of the tour. <3
It was a great day, but I caught a cold. Luckily, it never got too bad, so I could do all the other stuff I had planned.

On the 21st, Kasey and I went to the Ghost Bus Tour, but I forgot my camera. >< Anyway, that tour wasn't as terrifying I expected it to be. More fun, if anything else, and very interesting as well. Recommending that one with a friend, though. ^^'

It was a good break. Got some school work done, got some rest and had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment